The Learning Resources (Library) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) departments have merged to become the iCentre. This provides a welcoming and richly resourced environment for the delivery of contemporary learning and the support of digital and information literacies.
There are many different spaces for study, collaboration and reading for pleasure, including:
- Brightly coloured, multi-purpose furniture in a general study area
- Collaborative Learning Zone, containing 27” touchscreen Windows computers and whiteboard tables
- iPad Zone and iPad Research Bar
- Reading Zone with comfortable lounge chairs
- Quiet study rooms
- Two conference rooms, which can be booked out by students
The iCentre is available to students before and after school during the following opening times:
- During term time: 8:00 am – 5:45 pm (Monday – Thursday) and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Friday).
- During term breaks: 8:45 am – 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
The iCentre supports the educational and recreational needs of the College community by providing access to an extensive range of information and resources, both in print and online formats.
Students are encouraged to become responsible digital citizens through the research assistance and literacy information programs offered by the College’s librarians.
An appreciation of literature and love of learning is promoted through book club, Book Week activities and Makerspace sessions.
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
The ICT learning support staff manage a welcoming Helpdesk environment and the i-Nstein Bar, a technology rich hub where tech-savvy students assist with the provision of digital literacy support to other students as well as staff.
The iCentre’s Contemporary Learning Zone makes the perfect sandbox environment where innovative learning and teaching resources and practices can be tested and proven, then rolled out College wide.
Loyola College’s contemporary learning and teaching programs are well supported by a powerful Learning Management System, campus-wide wireless and a high availability ICT infrastructure environment.